31 July 2012

Beyond: Two Souls is about "creating an emotional journey"

 
David Cage has said that he wants to create something different with the upcoming game.


 

 
David Cage of Quantic Dream is focused on “creating an emotional journey” while he will not allow players to have “fun” at the expense of the story of the game. Beyond: Two Souls will therefore have a strong resemblance to Heavy Rain which released in early 2010 though Cage wants to “create something different”.

“I don’t want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds. My goal is to surprise people, to give them something they want without knowing they want it. I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience. I am not interested in giving them ‘fun’, I want to give them meaning; I don’t want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds.” 

The players will be able to connect to the character because the game follows the story of the protagonist over a period of 15 years. “Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious. Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond: to create something different”, Cage said.
Jensen6