04 March 2012

BioShock Infinite: Ken Levine has kept the game partly secret



The creator of tje Bioshock franchise announced that he has kept Bioshock Infinite partly secret from the public and from his development team.






Ken Levine has said that he has kept many things concerning BioShock Infinite secret from the public, he even kept secrets from his team at Irrational Games. “I’m fortunate in the sense that nobody is telling me what I can and can’t say at the company. I’m very lucky that I don’t have to deal with that. I’m the one who makes the decisions on what we reveal and when.”

“I think I would rather err on telling too little than too much, because you don’t want to ruin it for people. The way we develop, even most of the team here doesn’t know large chunks of the story. I want to preserve them, and observe them observing those parts of the story so I can see their reactions. Keeping people virgins to that content is really important because you never get that reaction from someone the second time.”

“We actually had somebody come recently to us – a journalist – and say: ‘Can we get our hands on it? Can we play it?’ And I said ‘no’ because right now it’s like handing somebody a chessboard with two rooks, a knight and the queen, and saying, ‘Here it is, it’s chess.’ And it’s not, because it’s missing those vital pieces,” the developer explained.

Jensen6